Part 1 - We go long and deep with Boris Veldhuijzen van Zanten, CEO and co-founder of the Amsterdam based media platform and conference extraordinaire, The Next Web.
- How Boris's girlfriend knows Dan best.
- A clever party trick involving the hidden folder.
- Is Amsterdam getting uptight?
- Brits behaving badly.
- The Dutch Spice Trade.
- Flying Dutchman Cocktails
- The Netherlands gift to the world: The Gatso Speed Camera.
- Between the government and the citizens, taxes are sport.
- The Dutch Curfew. Dealers have a permit!
- Neelie Kroes and Boris gets called up to write up.
- Boris's 'stache.
- Shamanamanemena. It's an actual date.
- Boris has a shack that can only be reached by boat. Where he makes chairs.
- Why Boris prefers to be on mute during meetings.
- How to build a conference and a platform and sell out to the Financial Times.
- The Conference comes before The News.
- Boris does maths. And hires a writer.
- The FT acquires TNW.
- Boris AND Dan, around since 1888.
- How boring is Boris's life?
- Dan's Golf Handicap
- Thorpe North Western.
- How has the pandemic impacted The Next Web.
- Wytze had enough. AND two kids!
- Oh there's one more thing ...
- Boris and Patrick fund their holidays to Brazil via The Next Web.
- Dan rides a float in Carnival in Brazil. Thanks Liz!
- Patrick has found a way "around" taxes. We're just not sure it's 100% legal.
- Boris smuggles lanyards into Brazil on a "personal" holiday.
- The Next Web Conference is back in September. Maybe. Fingers Crossed.
- If you need your taxes sorted out, and you're in the UK, Lanop.
- "You need a beer in one hand, and a bitterballen in the other."
- Rapid Fire Question Round
- The best and the worst parts of being a CEO.
- When was the last time you used illegal drugs?
- When was the last time you used legal drugs?
- Did you or did you not kill someone at the 2009 edition of the TNW Conference?
- When was the last time you dressed up as a woman?
- If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would it be and why?
- What is the latest funny thing you've built?
Your message aimed at a highly targeted audience. Let's talk. email@example.com
Where to Find Us:
Find Boris at:
Pretty Much everywhere at @Boris
Find Dan at: